Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, USA
Responsible for performing skilled work in a variety of fields in the maintenance and repair of buildings, structures and related facilities. Maintains and repairs all aspects of construction including: framing, drywall, painting, ceiling installation and repair, services all types of doors and door hardware including locks, concrete repairs and finishing, roof repair, carpet and tile installation, and plumbing and monitoring HVAC and waste management systems. Other duties may include snow and ice removal and operating heavy equipment.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Repairs and maintains physical structures using hand tools and power tools.
• Preps and paints structures.
• Remodels using carpenter’s tools.
• Makes concrete and masonry repairs and does finish work.
• Repairs plumbing fixtures, drywall, ceilings, and roofs; frames and installs doors, and locks.
• Issues security keys to staff members and airlines. Implements and manages multiple master key systems.
• Repairs and maintains the mechanical and electronic components of all automatic doors and establishes a preventative maintenance program.
• Cleans and maintains tools and equipment.
• Operates and monitors FMS Systems.
• Operates aerial lifts, forklift trucks and other heavy equipment.
• May assists other disciplines with projects.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and five years of experience in two or more of the trades such as carpentry, painting, HVAC, plumbing, locksmith, or construction; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Valid Operator’s License
• Security Identification Display Area Clearance (SIDA)
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Operation of hand and power tools;
• Framing and drywall installation;
• Roof installation and repair;
• Heavy equipment and machinery;
• Concrete forming and finishing;
• Flooring and ceiling installation and repair;
• Plumbing systems and repair and waste management control;
• Repair of doors and locksets.
• Demonstrated skill in the repair and maintenance of physical structures;
• Demonstrated skill in maintaining a variety of maintenance records;
• Clearly and effectively communicating, both orally and in writing;
• Use of a variety of computer-based technologies including word processing, and spreadsheets;
• Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
Positions in this class typically require: climbing, balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, fingering, grasping, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Very Heavy Work: exerting in excess of 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or in excess of 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or in excess of 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Email: email@example.com for further details.
NEW DIGITAL EDITION:
Passenger Terminal World March 2017 is now online.
Manchester Airport Transformation Program - T2 fly-through
Airport operator Manchester Airports Group (MAG) has released a fly-through video showcasing early design renderings of its development plans for Terminal 2 (T2) at Manchester Airport. The transformation of T2 into the airport's main terminal is a key component of MAG's £1bn (US$1.2bn) investment program.
NEW DIGITAL EDITION:
Passenger Terminal World Showcase 2017 is now online.