Under close supervision, perform routine and semi-skilled work in the construction, maintenance and repair of buildings, structures and facilities at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). Operates a variety of vehicles and hand and power tools. Assists journey-level craft and trade personnel.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Performs a variety of semi-skilled duties in construction, maintenance and repair of buildings, structures and facilities.
• Assists and works with journey-level craft and trade personnel including Electricians, HVAC Technicians, Carpenters, Painters, Plumbers and Maintenance Mechanics.
• Operates a variety of light and medium duty motorized maintenance and construction equipment, including forklifts and scissor lifts.
• Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
• Moves and relocates office furniture.
• Cleans, maintains and organizes tools, equipment, and shop areas.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and one year of light maintenance experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Maintain Security Identification Display Area Clearance (SIDA) clearance.
• Applicable OSHA safety standards, Airfield and FAA Regulations and other Federal, State and local regulations;
• Basic knowledge of the materials, tools and methods used in vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance;
• Personal protective equipment.
• Demonstrated skill in following verbal and written instruction;
• Clearly and effectively communicating both orally and in writing;
• Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
Positions in this class typically require: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The Kenton County Airport Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Email: www.cvgairport.com/jobs for further details.
NEW DIGITAL EDITION:
Passenger Terminal World January 2017 is now online.
Funds approved for construction of Midfield Satellite Concourse at LAX
The Los Angeles Board of Airport Commissioners has agreed to invest in the construction of a Midfield Satellite Concourse (MSC) and related Baggage Optimization Project (BOP) at Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) in California.
NEW DIGITAL EDITION:
Passenger Terminal World Showcase 2017 is now online.