Under close supervision, perform routine and semi-skilled work in the construction, maintenance and repair of buildings, structures and facilities at Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport (CVG). Operates a variety of vehicles and hand and power tools. Assists journey-level craft and trade personnel.
This class specification represents only the core areas of responsibilities; specific position assignments will vary depending on the needs of the department.
• Performs a variety of semi-skilled duties in construction, maintenance and repair of buildings, structures and facilities.
• Assists and works with journey-level craft and trade personnel including Electricians, HVAC Technicians, Carpenters, Painters, Plumbers and Maintenance Mechanics.
• Operates a variety of light and medium duty motorized maintenance and construction equipment, including forklifts and scissor lifts.
• Operates a variety of hand and power tools.
• Moves and relocates office furniture.
• Cleans, maintains and organizes tools, equipment, and shop areas.
• Performs other duties of a similar nature and level as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
High School Diploma or GED and one year of light maintenance experience; or, an equivalent combination of education and experience sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job such as those listed above.
• Valid Driver’s License.
• Maintain Security Identification Display Area Clearance (SIDA) clearance.
• Applicable OSHA safety standards, Airfield and FAA Regulations and other Federal, State and local regulations;
• Basic knowledge of the materials, tools and methods used in vehicle and equipment repair and maintenance;
• Personal protective equipment.
• Demonstrated skill in following verbal and written instruction;
• Clearly and effectively communicating both orally and in writing;
• Establishing and maintaining effective, fair, cooperative, collaborative and respectful relationships with internal and external colleagues, peers, work teams and workgroups.
Positions in this class typically require: balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, feeling, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Medium Work: exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
The Kenton County Airport Board is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Minorities/Females/Disabled/Veterans.
Email: www.cvgairport.com/jobs for further details.
NEW DIGITAL EDITION:
Passenger Terminal World January 2017 is now online.
Ground broken on North Satellite expansion at Seattle-Tacoma International
The Port of Seattle has officially broken ground on its North Satellite Modernization Project with the aim of improving congestion and the passenger experience at Seattle-Tacoma International Airport in Washington.
NEW DIGITAL EDITION:
Passenger Terminal World Showcase 2017 is now online.